I have been writing for years and have decided to forget about the rules and just write. For me that is comforting. Before you read the tips on writing just know that every writer has their own style so don’t try to write like anyone else. There is nothing wrong with being unique.
- Make sure you have a good editor to work with and trust.
- Have fun when you write because if you aren’t having a good time with your characters find new ones.
- I have been writing for years and have decided to forget about the rules and just write.
- If you continually think about writing and don’t write that to me is form of writers block.
- Don’t share your work with family members until you’re done because you will probably change some of your thoughts and decisions as you continue telling your story. That’s the fun of writing, being able to change the story and some of these events.
- Don’t keep going back because you need to move forward and get the story out. You can always go back.
- Have fun when you write because if you aren’t having a good time with your character...find new ones.
- Keep writing even when you think you might cut the scene... Once you stop the flow, you may interrupt your thoughts and the same ideas may not be there the next day.
- Don’t worry about grammar because that sometimes can be a form of writers block. You will have an editor do that for you later.
- Carry a notebook with you at all times because you will probably have ideas that just pop in your head that will be lost by the time you get to the computer to do some writing.
There are days when all of these tips will mean nothing to you and that’s okay because every writer has bad days, but I try to look on the bright side and keep going because there’s always tomorrow.
About the Author:
Madison Montgomery is an author, screenwriter and Blog Talk Radio Host. The first book of the Virginia Templeton series, Every Man Wants Her is out now and her second book, It’s Never Enough released the end of September 2012. In November the third book of the series will be released.
About the Books:
Every Man Wants Her - Virginia Templeton can turn heads in any room and get the attention of any man she wants. She’s married to a rich, powerful businessman, but she wants a divorce. She owns a luxurious condo building, complete with a dashing man to enjoy on the side, but he wants another woman. Who is the winner or is there one?
It’s Never Enough – Virginia Templeton finds sometimes what you want in life and have is never enough. This very sexy woman who uses her good looks and dirty tricks to manipulate people is out to take advantage…Beware!
ASIN Number: B008969S2S – Every Man Wants Her
ASIN Number: B0096DX1U8 – It’s Never Enough
Publication Date: 2012
Genre of Books: Erotic Romance
You can find out more about Madison Montgomery and her erotica romance short stories during her World of Ink Author/Book Tour at http://tinyurl.com/99nlnhf